Online Giving FAQ
Q. I just want to mail in a check?
- You may mail a check to
2731 Startown Road, Lincolnton NC 28092
We will make sure it is delivered unopened to our church finance officier
Q. Do I need a PayPal account to donate?
- No — You can simply enter your payment information on PayPal’s secure website and the donation will be sent. If you have a PayPal account, you can simply transfer money without fees incurred to the church to our account email@example.com
Q. How does the church get the money I send?
- After you complete the payment information steps at PayPal, the funds are immediately deposited in the church’s online PayPal account. The finance secretary will then transfer your donation to the church’s bank account.
Q. Are there any fees or costs to give online?
- Not to you. The full amount that you choose to donate goes to Marvin and is considered a tax-deductible gift. There is a small fee to the church for the processing of credit and debit cards, but not direct transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Is my information safe and confidential?
- Yes — Online giving is actually less risky than handwritten checks. An online transaction cannot be lost, stolen, or destroyed. PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL). When you give through PayPal, the church does NOT see private information like your debit card or bank account number.
Q. How do I know my donation made it to the church?
- You will receive a confirmation email immediately after you complete your donation. You can keep the email as a receipt for tax purposes.
Q. How is my contribution documented?
- The finance secretary will receive an email notice each time a contribution is made online. Using the address information you provide, your contribution will be recorded for the church records. Your online giving will also be added to your year-end contribution statement.
Q. Why do you ask me for my address and other information?
- This information is needed to confirm that your debit, credit, or bank information belongs to you. It also is the information that the church needs to make sure that your year-end contribution statement is mailed to you for tax purposes.
Q. Can I use a credit card to give online?
- When using the online giving system through PayPal, you are asked to enter your credit card information. The use of a DEBIT card attached to a checking account instead of the use of credit cards is strongly advised. If you choose to give with a credit card, we encourage you to remain financially responsible by not accruing any debt and by paying off your credit card statement on a monthly basis.
Other questions? Contact the church office directly for help.